A year ago at SQL Saturday Chicago 2013, I had shown up to be a volunteer and stuff bags. Through some odd events, I wound up being in charge of all room monitors. After being drafted as a pseudo-staff member, I knew that I had to formally join the Wendy’s band of misfits to plan SQL Saturday Chicago 2014.
And boy howdy, we busted our tails getting everything together. The last few months have really been a whirlwind for me personally, as I combined SQL Saturday Chicago planning with assembling my first SQL Server presentation. But as a team, we worked really well together, and pulled off a fantastic event. I believe we clocked in with an estimated final headcount of 470 attendees! I heard lots of positive feedback all around. And as exhausted as I was at the end of the day, I’d do it all over again in a heartbeat!
Random Highlights & Memories for me:
* Scrambling on Friday, to pick up swag mugs from a freight warehouse 45 minutes south of DeVry
* Speaker Dinner at Schitzel Platz – OMG German Food!
* Tim Ford in a “large box”
* Poncho Man
* Hope Foley’s Geekiest Query Ever
* After-Party sliders catered by The Slide Ride
We’re already scheming for 2015! But until then, there’s many more SQL Saturday’s to attend! Hope to see you at one!