I am honored to be your host this month. This month, I’d like to ask everyone to blog about SQL Server Defaults. While SQL Server CAN be run with just the default settings, doing so is far from ideal. As we progress through our careers, many of us build lists of things we change. Let’s blog about those! And don’t think this month’s topic is constrained to just the SQL Server engine. SSIS & SSAS are absolutely fair game as well. SQL Server developer tools – sure! Want to take a different spin on “defaults,” go right ahead and be creative!
Do you have a checklist of “always change” settings? Blog about that!
Do you have a preferred method for mass-deploying your changes? Blog about that!
Do you have a specific default setting you ALWAYS change? Deep dive & blog about that!
Want to Participate?
- Write a blog post about the topic. Don’t have a blog? Start one!
- Include the T-SQL Tuesday Logo and link it back to this post.
- Publish your blog post Tuesday, July 14, between 00:00 GMT & 23:59 GMT.
- Leave a reply below with a link to your blog post (for the round-up).
- Share you post with the community! Tweet it out using the #tsql2sday hashtag!
Let’s have some fun! I’m looking forward to everyone’s contributions & learning something new!